Inteirm Senior Media Relations Manager 12 months - high profile management consultancy
||per Annum + great benefits
This well-known global management consultancy specialises in consulting and innovation across a broad range of sectors. They are looking for an interim Senior Media Relations Manager with great media relations skills and experience within the professional services sector to join them for 12 months, starting in May. The ideal Senior PR manager will have global press contacts and have line management experience.
This company is an expert in consulting and values the importance of PR within the business. They operate within a range of sectors and continuously challenge convention to find innovative answers to their client’s questions. Their open plan offices in Central London provide an energetic and collaborative approach. Working as part of a very warm and helpful team of three will mean you will play a key part of the communications team and develop and implement global PR campaigns, as well as managing the busy press office for inbound media queries.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Senior Media Relations Manager role:
- Work with the marketing teams and consultants to design, deliver and evaluate a programme of creative, responsive, and news driven PR campaigns aligned with business priorities
- Deal with media on a day to day basis. Trade, national, and international press are the key targets and they are looking to you to have great business press contacts to hit the ground running
- Pro-actively seek and identify opportunities for the company to comment in the media. This will mean reacting to breaking news stories, presenting these opportunities to the business and developing PR plans in rapid time
- Organise and undertake bespoke media training for key consultant spokespeople on a regular basis to keep skills fresh. Identify other training needs as appropriate
- Manage the corporate press office for the business and support the Global Head of PR in managing inbound media queries and negative press
- Ensure media coverage is shared on the website and social media channels and help drive engagement for using PR for business development purposes
Key attributes and experience for this Interim Senior Media Relations Manager role:
- Must be available from May for a hand-over
- Must have professional services experience from either a PR agency or in-house communications roles (law firm, management consultancy, property/ partnership firms)
- Super media relations abilities and able to name journalist contacts with ease in the business press
- Likely to be working from Account Director/ Senior Account Director in a corporate/b2b agency or as a PR Manager/ Senior PR Manager in-house
- Line management experience is essential
- Organised, methodical in approach and great project management skills are essential
- Evidence of being able to push back and advise senior stakeholders and help them find the media angle
To be considered for this Interim Senior Media Relations Manager role please click to apply.
For more details on this role and similar roles, contact Canace Wong on 07917 875 669 or email@example.com, or visit our website for our newest in-house and agency positions -
Back to jobs
Add to shortlist