This consultancy is made up of two heavy-weight practitioners who launched an agency to service companies with the ‘reduced risks’ industry (e.g. e-cigarettes). They have large mandates from some controversial brands and are putting together a team of smart thinkers to service international media campaigns. This is a role that has the potential for an account director inside one of the big agencies to step into a new approach to PR/communications. Join a highly entrepreneurial team, in its infancy to help shape the agency’s positioning and gain exposure to state-of-the-art comms techniques, as well as branded and unbranded comms campaigns.
This agency advises controversial international companies. Their aim is to help influence regulation and stimulate public debate around the unintended consequences of certain elements of regulation. They are currently building their team and looking to expand their client base. The founders both come from heavy-weight agencies and have an impressive track record in building and growing agencies in various markets.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Account Director role:
- Support controversial, heavy-weight clients (e.g. alcohol, tobacco, sugar, fast foods, plastics, energy) to navigate regulatory challenges by engaging in public conversations and debates
- Develop and lead corporate communication strategies from design through to execution aligning them with the client’s key business objectives
- Plan and implement innovative and impactful campaigns
- Combine creativity with knowledge of the media to recognise media angles and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum
- Liaise with the client and act as key point of contact in support of senior consultants
- Make a strong contribution to key business objectives and lead the internal team demonstrating client relationship skills, leadership, strategy, ideas and project management
- Use your strong writing skills and sharp brain to advise and support clients and leverage your media contacts to write about highly regulated issues
Key attributes and experience for this Account Director role:
- It is likely that you are currently in an agency at Account Director level wanting to work on meaty, issues-rich projects and learn some state-of-the-art techniques - blue chip calibre is highly desirable
- Be experienced in managing clients and building client relationships
- Ability to navigate new categories and grow understanding of regulated environments
- Have a proven track record of pitching new business, selling strategies and campaigns that demonstrate an understanding of a client's objectives / challenges
- You will be highly personable, credible and great with clients
- A strong writer with an ability to adapt your style to the job, whether it’s a press release or writing an op-ed.
To be considered for this Account Director role please click to apply.
For more details on this role and similar roles, contact Canace Wong on 07917 875 669 or email@example.com