Corporate Affairs Manager - passionate writer and love current affairs?
||£50k - 75k per Annum + superb benefits
Perhaps you are former financial journalist or a corporate and financial PR professional who is curious and enjoys finding and shaping stories from within the business. This is a multi-channel role incorporates thought-leaderships, working closely with insurance analysts and a little public affairs. You will be writing content on where they invest so the topics will range from social and student housing to solar panels. This means you must be interested in business and issues – it’s less about insurance and much more about current affairs. This specialist insurer is modern in approach and agile in making decisions and there is a great deal of buy-in from the business for communications. This Corporate Affairs Manager will be joining the business in an exciting phase of growth.
This specialist insurer is only 10 years old and is well respected in the within the industry although they are not yet a household name. They boast exciting brand names at investors and with customer focussed values at the heart of the company. Their offices are stylish and it’s evident that it’s a super supportive, collegiate culture with clever people who want to do a great job.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Corporate Affairs Manager role:
- You will have huge scope to develop and shape this new role and the opportunity to write for a range of traditional and social media channels
- Flex your great writing skills and join a successful investment business, drawing out the CSR, business and political stories
- One reporting line guarantees access to c-suite and senior management
- Opportunity to work with the analysts and use your interest in business issues and current affairs and love of finding and shaping a story
- The role is a great mix of corporate, investor relations and a little public affairs
- Work in a collegiate and adult environment where you dictate your schedule
- Ideally you will have an eye for design and be able to support with updating the website
- Grow your black book of political contacts, speaking to MPs about their vision in the market
Key attributes and experience for this Corporate Affairs Manager role:
- It’s all about the person – someone sparky, well read with a huge intellectually curious will work well - lots of the role is looking at the broad corporate story and business issues and being able to understand the link with the markets and the pension institutions
- It’s likely you will be working in corporate and financial PR and will take a keen interest in the outside world and consider the bigger picture on issues
- You will be working at Account Director or Associate Director in a PR agency or as a Corporate Manager in-house
- Ex financial journalists would be well suited to this role
- Writing will be a key part of the role so exemplary writing skills are paramount
- You will have a genuine interest in politics– holding an opinion is key in this role
- Web experience and design ideas are highly desirable
To be considered for this Corporate Affairs Manager role please click to apply.
For more details on this role and similar roles, contact Jon on 020 7559 6598 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website for our newest in-house and agency positions -
Back to jobs
Add to shortlist