1. Complete your profile: Obvious? Maybe... but there are still those people who don’t have a 100% completed profile. You’re much more likely to get positive engagement if you complete every section and it’s vital if you’re job hunting. Gaps in your profile could send out the wrong message.
2. Your summary: If you’re ‘googled’, chances are your LinkedIn profile will appear. Make your summary snappy and succinct. Choose the wording to encompass everything about yourself and what you do. Choose your keywords carefully to appear in recruiters'/hiring managers' searches.
3. Recommendations: Have a minimum of 3 good recommendations. Make them relevant and specific to your skill set. Write insightful recommendations for other people, to pep up your professional presence – they may reciprocate with a recommendation for you.
4. Share share share: Updates, files and presentations. Make your page a great source of good professional material. People who share more than once a day have more profile views than those who do not.
5. Become an expert: Join groups and discussions; it’s a quick and powerful way to grow your network, boost your profile and demonstrate your professional expertise. Offering good advice and regularly contributing will help to establish you as an expert in your field.
6. Weblinks: Essential. Make your URL stand out, have links to websites and blogs you write or have contributed to. Rich text is appealing and demonstrates you are an active user of social media.
Now, are you prepared for a recruitment call? Not sure? We have everything you need to wow a recruiter and ace the interview.
The Works Search is dedicated to securing the ‘best in class’ senior PR and corporate Communications professionals. To get in touch, call us on 0207 559 6690 or email email@example.com – we would love to hear from you.